About KG Developments
KG Development’s work extends to the mining and metals, energy, and infrastructures. Our activities vary depending on the activity segment of our market, ranging from greenfield projects to bankable infrastructure projects. A variety of investment firms, corporations, and investors from around the globe have requested or used our services to satisfy their business needs.
Sectors and related services
Mining and Metals
Katembo Group advises Private Equity firms, Impact investing companies, Government entities, and NGOs on various activities, including:
- Identifying and bringing new business opportunities in the mining sector,
- Undertaking due diligence work on behalf of companies seeking to invest in DR Congo,
- Organizing investors’ roadshows,
- Facilitating activities related to corporate social responsibility in the extractive industries.
Our strong relationships on the ground allow our Group to bring companies in DR Congo to global markets. Our experts are able to build synergies between mining professionals in the mining-rich provinces to policy makers in the city-Province of Kinshasa.
Furthermore, Katembo Group provides to its clients seasoned experts with experience in social, resettlement action planning, network analysis and socio-economic research. Our backgrounds from premier international organizations (World Bank and the United Nations) and private sector such as Tenke Fungurume Mine (a filial of Free Port McMoran) has given our company extensive knowledge of international compliance standards notably the World Bank International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards, policies of the International Council on Mining and Metals (ICMM), the World Bank Operational Policies, the Extractive Industries Transparencies Initiative (EITI), and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI).
Energy, including renewable energy
We identify and promote projects in the energy sector, including finding and promoting renewable energy projects (Natural Gas, Geothermal, Solar, Hydro, Biomas, Wind, Plants improvement), and Oil and Gas concessions.
Our key activities include:
- identify and bring to our Client’s attention identified opportunities;
- undertake basic “due diligence” work ,
- act as our Client’s representative in initial discussions in DRC.
Katembo Group’s key activities includes:
- Identifying available projects and investment through our networks
- Promoting projects to concerned investment clients
- Contacting, establishing, and attending exploratory meetings with potential investors.
- Advising and assisting companies in determining the specifics of any financing initiatives
- Preparing binding agreements with all parties
- Hands-on follow-up to ensure ease and quality of transaction